This set of covers all 2nd grade . Topics include Classifying & Sorting Polygons and 3-D Solids, Composing 2-D and 3-D Shapes, Identifying Faces, Vertices & Sides, and Decomposing 2-D shapes into new shapes. These Exit Slips make excellent formative assessments and can be used for RTI progress monitoring.
This resource is part of the money-saving 2nd Grade TEKS Exit Ticket Bundle.
The included KEY has space to record the names of students who need reteach to make record-keeping easy and simple.
This resource also includes a DATA TRACKING SYSTEM that helps you track student mastery of the TEKS and the small group intervention you do with students who are struggling. It is a useful tool to help make RTI decisions and to show your administrators how you are masterfully responding to student needs.
- 2.8A Create 2-D shapes based on given attributes, including number of sides and vertices
- 2.8B Classify and sort 3-D solids, including spheres, cones, cylinders, rectangular prisms (including cubes as special rectangular prisms), and triangular prisms based on attributes using formal geometric language
- 2.8C Classify and sort polygons with 12 or fewer sides according to attributes, including identifying the number of sides and number of vertices
- 2.8D Compose 2-D shapes and 3-D solids with given properties or attributes
- 2.8E Decompose 2-D shapes such as cutting out a square from a rectangle, dividing a shape in half, or partitioning a rectangle into identical triangles and identify the resulting geometric parts
Exit Slips will give you a quick snapshot of student understanding as you progress through your unit. ⭐These are an excellent assessment tool to drive your instruction and intervention!⭐
This is a TEKS centered resource. While others may be “TEKS-aligned,” they often cover Common Core standards as well. My Texas specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers don’t have to spend additional time sorting through what to use and what not to use. I know how precious each and every school day is; there is no time to waste.
Check out the other Grade Level Bundles of TEKS-aligned Exit Slips:
I have included an editable version of the data tracker. Here are links to the fonts I used, which are free for personal use.