This resource includes that cover the Addition and Subtraction TEKS. The questions are . Test questions cover addition and subtraction with regrouping, word problems, strip diagrams, estimation, and counting coins. The assessments are in
The assessments are created to give you with Addition and Subtraction Content. There are more questions covering the Readiness Standards than the Supporting Standards, as the Readiness Standards are identified as the most critical content for success in subsequent grade levels. Readiness Standards also comprise 2/3 of the STAAR test.
These tests were created with the , and include drop down, multi-select, free response and multiple choice questions.
Save 50% on this resource by purchasing it inside the 3rd Grade Addition and Subtraction Unit Bundle. This special bundle includes everything you need to teach Addition and Subtraction.
- 2 Assessments (Each Test is 10 questions)
- Printable versions of both Assessments
- Digital, Self-Grading Google Form versions of both Assessments
- Color Coded Teacher Key with TEKS identified for each Question
- 2-Digit and 3-Digit Addition with Regrouping
- Adding up to Four Addends
- 2-Digit and 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping
- Subtracting Across Zeros
- Checking Subtraction with Addition
- Word Problems
- Word Problems with Extra Information
- Multi-Step Word Problems
- Representing Word Problems with Strip Diagrams
- Use the 1st test after your Addition & Subtraction Unit. Based on the results, do targeted reteach and review. Use the 2nd test to re-assess students.
- Use the 1st test after your Addition & Subtraction Unit. Use the 2nd test as part of your STAAR Review.
- Use the 1st test as a pre-test, use the 2nd test as a post-test.
3.4A: Solve with fluency one‐step and two‐step problems involving addition and subtraction within 1,000 using strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
3.5A: Represent one‐ and two‐step problems involving addition and subtraction of whole numbers to 1,000 using pictorial models, number lines, and equations.
3.4B: Round to the nearest 10 or 100 or use compatible numbers to estimate solutions to addition and subtraction problems.
3.4C: Determine the value of a collection of coins and bills.