This resource includes to guide small group and whole class lessons. There are a variety of pages to teach addition and subtraction with regrouping, word problems, strip diagrams, estimation, counting coins and the properties of addition. This notebook is a .
This resource has been carefully designed for Texas teachers. . It is designed to be taught cover-to-cover. Your time is precious, and I have done the work of considering the proper weight of topics according to their categorization as readiness or supporting standards. I have also studies the released STAAR tests to understand the format and rigor expected of students.
Save 50% on this resource by purchasing it inside the 3rd Grade Addition and Subtraction Unit Bundle. This special bundle includes everything you need to teach Addition and Subtraction.
- Student Cover and Table of Contents for easy organization
- 35 Notebook Pages with TEKS-aligned content
- Complete Teacher Key
- 2-Digit and 3-Digit Addition with Regrouping
- Adding up to Four Addends
- Commutative (Order) Property of Addition
- Associative (Grouping) Property of Addition
- 2-Digit and 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping
- Subtracting Across Zeros
- Checking Subtraction with Addition
- Word Problems
- Word Problems with Extra Information
- Multi-Step Word Problems
- Representing Word Problems with Strip Diagrams
- Representing Word Problems with Number Lines
- Counting a Collection of Coins
- Guide Whole Group lessons in person or via Zoom
- Guide Focused Small Group lessons
- Student Review at a Math Station
3.4A: Solve with fluency one‐step and two‐step problems involving addition and subtraction within 1,000 using strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
3.5A: Represent one‐ and two‐step problems involving addition and subtraction of whole numbers to 1,000 using pictorial models, number lines, and equations.
3.4B: Round to the nearest 10 or 100 or use compatible numbers to estimate solutions to addition and subtraction problems.
3.4C: Determine the value of a collection of coins and bills.