This No Prep Notebook thoroughly covers sorting and classifying two and three dimensional shapes based on attributes, naming quadrilaterals and decomposing shapes into parts of an equal area that is a fraction of the original shape.
To help you make the most of your class time, there is needed! Simply print and hole punch and this notebook is ready for you to teach! Use the pages for focused while also helping .
This is a TEKS centered resource. While others may be “TEKS-aligned,” they often cover Common Core standards as well. My Texas specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers don’t have to spend additional time sorting through what to use and what not to use. I know how precious each and every school day is; there is no time to waste. As with all of my resources, it is also designed with STAAR in mind.
This notebook has plus a detailed key that cover the following topics:
- Identifying & Naming Polygons
- Attributes in 2-D figures
- Naming Quadrilaterals based on Attributes
- Attributes in 3-D figures
- Naming 3-D figures
- Sorting & Classifying Figures
- Decomposing congruent figures into parts that are different shapes, yet the same fractional part of the whole and thus have an equal sized area
- 3.6A Classify and sort two- and three-dimensional figures, including cones, cylinders, spheres, triangular and rectangular prisms, and cubes based on attributes using formal geometric language.
- 3.6B Use attributes to recognize rhombuses, parallelograms, trapezoids, rectangles, and squares as examples of quadrilaterals and draw examples of quadrilaterals that do not belong to any of these subcategories.
- 3.6E Decompose two congruent two-dimensional figures into parts with equal areas and express the area of each part as a unit fraction of the whole and recognize that equal shares of identical wholes need not have the same shape.