This digital activity gives students Fun and Engaging Practice counting coins and bills and paying for items with movable coins and bills. Students will enjoy the bright and colorful Google Slides activities while they practice finding the value of a collection of bills and coins. Video instructions for students are included!
This resource can be used to direct your whole class lesson, or easily assigned in Google Classroom or any platform that is compatible with Google Slides.
You do not need Google Classroom to use this resource, but you do need a Google e-mail to use Google Slides. Homeschool parents can easily use this resource with their children by opening the Google Slides document.
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 10 student slides
- Representing amounts of money with the fewest coins and bills
- Representing the same amount of money in two different ways using different combinations of bills and coins
- Calculating the total value of a collection of bills and coins
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use it as a No Prep Math Station
- Use as an Early Finisher Activity
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice in Google Classroom
- Share the digital key with students in Google Classroom for parents and students to check work at home.