This resource includes 10 interactive Google Slides and video instructions for students. In this activity, students will estimate in 2 ways by using compatible numbers and rounding to the nearest ten. Students will analyze estimation and determine which method usually leads to the closest estimate.
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom for math stations, independent practice or distance learning. You do not need Google Classroom to use this resource, but you do need a Google e-mail to use Google Slides.
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 10 interactive slides with a mix of typing and movable pieces
- Rounding to the nearest ten
- Using the compatible numbers 25 and 75 when estimating
- Adding two 2-digit numbers
- Higher Order Thinking: Analyzing Patterns
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home