This magic trick is the perfect attention getting hook to encourage students to look for patterns! It is also a great way to create wonder in your students as you explore numbers. For older students, it can also lead to a discussion about the Base-2 number system. The teacher instructions show how easy it is to use the cards to guess each student’s number.
- PDF page with number cards
- Teacher Instructions
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it during the first week of school to create a memorable experience for students and get them excited about math
- Use it at the beginning of a unit on looking for patterns
- Use it as a Fun Friday activity to celebrate the end of the week
- Use it whenever you have 5 extra minutes