This Word Problem Kit includes 22 fill-in-the-blank Addition & Subtraction Word Problems that can be personalized! Every problem can be used with any size/type of number. The included bookmark number guides give suggestions for using the word problems with numbers 0-10, 0-20, 0-100, 0-1,000, decimals and fractions. This is a fun way to create a Problem of the Day that uses exactly the type of number you are working with in your current unit of study. The word problems are also excellent to use at a Problem Solving Math Station.
This resource made problem solving instruction so much easier in my classroom!
- I was able to use the problems with different sized numbers for each group to meet student needs.
- I didn’t have to search for new word problems when my students progressed from whole numbers to decimals to fractions.
- I could repeat problem types to help students learn how to solve similar word problems and correctly represent those situations in strip diagrams.
- I could easily motivate my students by picking the numbers and letting each of them select their own names and items to complete the problems.
- 22 fill-in-the-blank word problems
- 2 types of student recording sheets
- Bookmark Number Guides to help students choose “right-sized” numbers for the problems
- Teachers Guide with Strip Diagram Models
What type of word problems are in the kit?
- Join: Start, Change, and Result Unknown
- Separate: Start, Change, and Result Unknown
- Part-Part-Whole: Part Unknown, Both Parts Unknown, Whole Unknown
- Compare: Larger Amount, Smaller Amount and Difference Unknown
- Multi-step addition and subtraction problems that combine 2 of the above listed problem types
This product pairs well with these other resources:
Action-Snapshot Problem Solving Station