This set of 5 No-Prep Games covers all of the 3rd grade Geometry TEKS: 3.6A, 3.6B & 3.6E. These FUN & ENGAGING games cover sorting and naming quadrilaterals, classifying 2D and 3D shapes using attributes, and decomposing congruent figures into pieces with equal areas. These games are perfect for math stations and are also amazing teaching tools to use in your teacher led small group lessons.
I have included color and blackline versions of each game!
There is a key for each game, to make the perfect self-checking math station.
Just print these games & laminate or place in plastic sleeves. 4 of the games are no prep and 1 game is low prep with cards that will need to be cut out.
Students stay far more engaged with games than with extra worksheets.
Use these games for:
- Math Stations
- Test Prep
- FUN alternative to traditional Homework
This is a TEKS centered resource. While others may be TEKS-aligned, they often cover Common Core standards as well. My Texas specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers dont have to spend additional time sorting through what to use and what not to use. I know how precious each and every school day is; there is no time to waste. As with all of my resources, it is also designed with STAAR in mind.
- Geometry Guess Who: Use geometric terms to try to guess your partner’s 2-D or 3-D shape. TEKS 3.6A, 3.6B
- Aloha Attribute Race: Identify attributes in 3-D shapes to arrive first at the Luau to win the game. TEKS 3.6A
- Quadrilateral Sort: Roll the dice and race your partner to move shapes through a graphic organizer and into the correct position. 2 sorting mats to choose from: one with shape names and the other with shape attributes. TEKS 3.6B
- Quadrilateral Bingo: Spin a shape and determine which box is most advantageous to draw it in based on attributes or classifications. TEKS 3.6B
- Equal Area Bump: Race around the game board searching for congruent figures that have been decomposed into parts with equal areas. TEKS 3.6E