Your 3rd-grade students will truly grasp finding the models in these fun digital problems! Students start by moving digital pieces to show jumps on elapsed time number lines to match word problems. Then students progress to and converting their answers to hours and minutes.
- Every slide is bright and colorful to capture your students’ attention.
- Interactive movable pieces keep students engaged.
- Video Instructions embedded into the Google Slides make your job easier.
- Have students who forget instructions as soon as it is time for them to begin working? Students can watch the video instructions before completing the activity at a math station, for seatwork or homework.
- Have students who are absent? The video instructions save you time so that you don’t have to explain how to complete the activity to students.
- Have a sub? They can watch the video instructions so that they can offer support while students complete the digital activity.
- Elapsed Time Multi-Step Word Problems
- Using Elapsed Time Number Line diagrams
- Adding Time Intervals
- Converting Total Minutes greater than 60 minutes into Hours and Minutes
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access YouTube)
- 10 engaging student practice slides
- Teacher Key
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use it as an early finisher activity
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work. the embedded video instructions keep students from interrupting you.
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to access Google Slides is a free Gmail account.