Your students will absolutely love this Build a Monster digital activity. Students read analog clocks and tell time to the nearest 5 minutes to find the legs, eyes and mouth for each cute monster. These fun Google Slides are sure to be a hit with students during your Time unit!
- Every problem is bright and colorful to capture your students’ attention.
- Interactive, movable pieces on every slide keep students engaged.
- Video Instructions embedded into the Google Slides make your job easier.
- Have students who forget instructions as soon as it is time for them to begin working? Students can watch the video instructions before completing the activity at a math station, for seatwork or homework.
- Have students who are absent? The video instructions save you time so that you don’t have to explain how to complete the activity to students.
- Have a sub? They can watch the video instructions so that they can offer support while students complete the digital activity.
- Telling time to the nearest 5 minutes on analog clocks.
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access YouTube)
- 10 student slides, for a total of 30 clocks to practice telling time to the nearest 5 minutes.
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and having students use the movable pieces during your interactive lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use it as an early finisher activity
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work. the embedded video instructions keep students from interrupting you.
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening the Google Slides and letting their student complete the activity.