Your students will love learning how to create with these and This resource is Fun, Engaging and The content is designed for 4th grade students and aligns to these standards: TEKS 4.5C and CCSS 4.MD.A.3.
This a bonus lesson to accompany the five lessons in the 4th Grade Perimeter and Area Distance Learning Bundle. by purchasing this money-saving bundle!
- Lesson 1 : 1-step Perimeter and Area Problems
- Lesson 2: 1-step Area Problems with a missing side length (Most problems use long division)
- Lesson 3: Using a ruler to find Area and Perimeter
- Lesson 4: 2-step Area and Perimeter Problems – finding the missing side length using models
- Lesson 5: 2-step Area and Perimeter Problems with Comparison phrases to find the missing length (i.e. the length is twice the width).
⭐ Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson ⭐
- Teaches students how to create using concrete models
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Is approximately 9 minutes
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 12 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides™ doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides™ in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides™ activity to students in Google Classroom™
CCSS.4.MD.A.3 Apply the area and perimeter formulas for rectangles in real world and mathematical problems. For example, find the width of a rectangular room given the area of the flooring and the length, by viewing the area formula as a multiplication equation with an unknown factor.
TEKS 4.5C Use models to determine the formulas for the perimeter of a rectangle (l + w + l + w or 2l + 2w), including the special form for perimeter of a square (4s) and the area of a rectangle (l x w).