This 5th Grade STAAR Math Review will help students practice perimeter of polygons, area of rectangles, volume of rectangular prisms and measurement conversions. The measurement conversion word problems use both metric and customary units.
The digital versions of the tests can be assigned via Google Classroom or any platform that supports Google Forms. The questions are STAAR formatted and include the NEW Problem Types. The assessments are in 2 formats: printable PDF and digital, self-grading Google Forms.
The assessments are created to give you meaningful feedback on student progress. There are more questions covering the Readiness Standards than the Supporting Standards, as the Readiness Standards are identified as the most critical content for success in subsequent grade levels. Readiness Standards also comprise 2/3 of the STAAR test.
These tests were created with the new STAAR test questions guidelines in mind, and include drop down, multi-select, free response and multiple choice questions.
- 2 TEKS aligned Tests (Each Test is 10 questions)
- Printable versions of each Test
- Digital, Self-Grading Google Form versions of each Test
- Color Coded Teacher Keys with TEKS identified for each Question with room to create your small groups for reteach right on the key!
Great ways to use this resource:
- Unit Tests
- Easy-to-Assign Digital Activities
- No Prep Math Stations
- STAAR Review
Each set automatically grades itself when students click submit! I have identified the standard for every single problem in this bundle, to make data tracking super simple.
- Easily Differentiate by making a separate copy of the Google Form and eliminating questions or answer choices. This is a great way to adjust this resource to align with IEPs or the needs of your students.
- Create multiple reviews from this resource, splitting up the questions to use in a variety of ways. Please note that the questions are not editable, but most of the answer choices are editable.
You do not need Google Classroom to use the digital form of this resource, but you must have a Google e-mail to use Google Forms.
Perimeter, Area, Volume and Measurement Conversions:
- Find the Perimeter of Polygons
- Find the Area of Rectangles and Squares
- Find the Volume of Rectangular Prisms by using dimensions of the prism or by filling the prism with unit cubes
- Solve Word Problems using Measurement Conversions
Perimeter, Area, Volume and Measurement Conversions TEKS Alignment:
5.4H Represent and solve problems related to perimeter and/or area and related to volume.
5.6A Recognize a cube with side length of one unit as a unit cube having one cubic unit of volume and the volume of a 3D figure as the number of unit cubes needed to fill it.
5.6B Determine the volume of a rectangular prism with whole number side lengths in problems related to the number of layers times the number of unit cubes in the area of the base.
5.7A Solve problems by calculating conversions within a measurement system, customary or metric.