Your students will love learning how to . This resource includes a Video Lesson and Easy-to-Use Google Slides activities that are Perfect for Distance Learning. This resource is designed for 3rd grade students and aligns to these standards: TEKS 3.7B.
This is in the 3rd Grade Perimeter Series.
Here are links to the other lessons:
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 1: Using Addition to find Perimeter
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 2: Solve Multi-step Addition and Subtraction Problems to find Missing Side Lengths
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 3: Use Division to find Missing Side Lengths in Polygons with Equal Sides
- : Measure Sides to the Nearest cm or inch to find the Perimeter of Rectangles
2nd/3rd Grade Area Lesson 1: Understand the Concept of Area by filling Rectangles with Square Units
3rd Grade Area Lesson 2: Find Area by Multiplying the Number of Rows by the number of Unit Squares in Each Row
⭐ Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson ?
- Teaches students how to use a movable digital ruler to measure the sides of a rectangle to the nearest cm and inch
- Reviews how to find the perimeter of rectangles
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Is approximately 7 minutes
⭐ Many of the , so through the activity .
- Using Movable Digital Rulers
- Measuring to the nearest inch/cm
- Finding Perimeter
- Comparing Perimeters
- Fun Slides with Movable pieces
- Application of Learning in Real-World Word Problems
- Word Problems have optional Step-by-Step support
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 11 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides™ doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides™ in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides™ activity to students in Google Classroom™
TEKS 3.7B Determine the perimeter of a polygon or a missing length when given perimeter and remaining side lengths in problems.