Your students will love these interactive and engaging The are bright, colorful and have movable pieces! The walks students through solving Multi Step Area and Perimeter Missing Side problems and is . This resource is designed for 4th grade students and aligns to these standards: TEKS 4.5D and CCSS 4.MD.A.3.
by purchasing the 4th Grade Perimeter and Area Bundle!
Here are links to the other lessons:
- Lesson 1 : 1-step Perimeter and Area Problems
- Lesson 2: 1-step Area Problems with a missing side length (Most problems use long division)
- Lesson 3: Using a ruler to find Area and Perimeter
- Lesson 4: (This Resource) 2-step Area and Perimeter Problems – finding the missing side length using models
- Lesson 5: 2-step Area and Perimeter Problems with Comparison phrases to find the missing length (i.e. the length is twice the width).
⭐ Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson ⭐
- Teaches students how to find the missing side length using other known side lengths in a model
- Teaches students how to break apart multi-step problems
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Is approximately 6 minutes
⭐ Many of the , so through the activity .
- Finding the Area and Perimeter of Rectangles in multi-step problems where a side length must be calculated
- Relating unknown side lengths to Part-Part-Whole problems
- Fun Google Slides Activities with movable pieces
- Application of Learning in Real-World Word Problems
- Word Problems have optional Step-by-Step support
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 12 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides™ doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides™ in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides™ activity to students in Google Classroom™
CCSS.4.MD.A.3 Apply the area and perimeter formulas for rectangles in real world and mathematical problems. For example, find the width of a rectangular room given the area of the flooring and the length, by viewing the area formula as a multiplication equation with an unknown factor.
TEKS 4.5D Solve problems related to perimeter and area of rectangles where dimensions are whole numbers.