This fun and engaging Video Lesson and Google Slides activity teaches students how to . This resource is excellent for Math Stations, tutoring, or remote learners.
This Simple and Easy-to-Use resource is designed for 4th grade students and aligns to these standards: TEKS 4.5D.
by purchasing the 4th Grade Perimeter and Area Bundle!
- Lesson 1: 1-step Perimeter and Area Problems
- Lesson 2: 1-step Area Problems with a missing side length (Most problems use long division)
- Lesson 3: (This resource) Using a ruler to find Area and Perimeter
- Lesson 4: 2-step Area and Perimeter Problems – finding the missing side length using models
- Lesson 5: 2-step Area and Perimeter Problems with Comparison phrases to find the missing length (i.e. the length is twice the width).
⭐ Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson ⭐
- Teaches students How to use a Digital Ruler and how to rotate it around figures to measure side lengths
- Teaches students how to Measure to the Nearest Inch and Nearest cm using a ruler
- Reviews how to find Perimeter and Area of Rectangles
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Is approximately 7 minutes
⭐ Many of the , so through the activity .
- Measuring with a Ruler
- Calculating the Perimeter and Area of Rectangles.
- Fun Google Slides Activities with
- Application of Learning in Real-World Word Problems
- Word Problems have optional Step-by-Step support
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 10 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides™ doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides™ in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides™ activity to students in Google Classroom™
TEKS 4.5D Solve problems related to perimeter and area of rectangles where dimensions are whole numbers.