The fun and engaging Area of Rectangles Practice Activities and Video Lesson are perfect for your lessons, math stations, review or tutoring. This is a great Introduction to Area, connecting students to their understanding of arrays. These Simple and Easy-to-Use Google Slides are designed for 3rd grade students and align to these standards: TEKS 3.6C and CCSS 3.MD.C.6 and 3.MD.C.7.A.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ LOVED this resource! The video was perfect for teaching and the activities were easy for the kids to navigate through. Highly recommend! -Nicole T.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Very thorough resource! I love that it includes a video to help reteach the concepts we are discussing in whole group learning! Plus it is very cute and engaging! -Sara A.
- Teaches students how to use the number of rows of unit squares and the number of unit squares in each row to find area
- Uses a variety of rectangular models
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Demonstrates how to use the Shape Tool in Google Slides
- Is approximately 8 minutes
- Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson
⭐ Many of the , so through the activity .
- Creating Multiplication Equations to Find Area
- Matching Activities
- Drawing Rectangles with the Same Area and Different Side Lengths
- Application of Learning in Real-World Word Problems
- Word Problems have optional Step-by-Step support
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 13 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides™ doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides™ in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides™ activity to students in Google Classroom™
CCSS.3.MD.C.6 Measure areas by counting unit squares (square cm, square m, square in, square ft, and improvised units).
CCSS.3.MD.C.7.A Find the area of a rectangle with whole-number side lengths by tiling it, and show that the area is the same as would be found by multiplying the side lengths.
TEKS 3.6C Determine the area of rectangles with whole number side lengths in problems using multiplication related to the number of rows times the number of unit squares in each row.
in a comprehensive bundle that covers all the area topics your students need to learn!
on this resource by purchasing the Digital Area Bundle!
Area Lesson 1: Understand the Concept of Area by filling Rectangles with Square Units
Area Lesson 2 *This Resources*: Find Area by Multiplying the Number of Rows by the number of Unit Squares in Each Row
Area Lesson 3: Multiplying Whole Number Side Lengths to find Area
Area Lesson 4: Area of Irregular Shapes using Unit Squares
Area Lesson 5: Area of Irregular Shapes using Side Lengths
Area Lesson 6: Use Area Models to Prove the Distributive Property
You may also be interested in this coordinating Perimeter Bundle.