This resource includes a and activity for problems. This resource is excellent for . Students will learn how to use long division to find the missing side length when the area and width of a rectangle are known.
This Simple and Easy-to-Use resource is designed for 4th grade students and aligns to these standards: TEKS 4.5D and CCSS 4.MD.A.3.
by purchasing the 4th Grade Perimeter and Area Bundle!
- Lesson 1: 1-step Perimeter and Area Problems
- Lesson 2: (This resource) 1-step Area Problems with a missing side length (Most problems use long division)
- Lesson 3: Using a ruler to find Area and Perimeter
- Lesson 4: 2-step Area and Perimeter Problems – finding the missing side length using models
- Lesson 5: 2-step Area and Perimeter Problems with Comparison phrases to find the missing length (i.e. the length is twice the width).
⭐ Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson ⭐
- Uses related multiplication and division facts to teach that a missing side length is a missing factor multiplication problem that can be solved using division
- Models using long division to solve problems
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Is approximately 9 minutes
⭐ Many of the , so through the activity .
- Creating related facts using the Length, Width and Area of Rectangles
- Long Division support with Self-Checking boxes half-way through and all the way through Long Division problems
- Fun Google Slides Activities with
- Application of Learning in Real-World Word Problems
- Word Problems have optional Step-by-Step support
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 10 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides™ doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides™ in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides™ activity to students in Google Classroom™
CCSS.4.MD.A.3 Apply the area and perimeter formulas for rectangles in real world and mathematical problems. For example, find the width of a rectangular room given the area of the flooring and the length, by viewing the area formula as a multiplication equation with an unknown factor.
TEKS 4.5D Solve problems related to perimeter and area of rectangles where dimensions are whole numbers.