Your students will love learning how to . This resource includes a Video Lesson and Easy-to-Use Google Slides activities that are Perfect for Math Stations. This resource is designed for 3rd grade students and aligns to these standards: TEKS 3.7B and CCSS 3.MD.D.8.
This is in the 3rd Grade Perimeter Series.
Here are links to the other lessons:
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 1: Using Addition to find Perimeter
- Solve Multi-step Addition and Subtraction Problems to find Missing Side Lengths
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 3: Use Division to find Missing Side Lengths in Polygons with Equal Sides
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 4: Measure Sides to the Nearest cm or inch to find the Perimeter of Rectangles
2nd/3rd Grade Area Lesson 1: Understand the Concept of Area by filling Rectangles with Square Units
3rd Grade Area Lesson 2: Find Area by Multiplying the Number of Rows by the number of Unit Squares in Each Row
? Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson ?
- Teaches students how find the missing side length in perimeter problems where the other side lengths and perimeter are known
- Shows students how to use a strip diagram as a visual model to solve problems
- Shows students how to break down these multi-step problems into 2 simple steps
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Is approximately 7 minutes
?Many of the , so through the activity .
- Creating Strip Diagrams to model multi-step perimeter problems
- Matching Activities
- Fun Slides with Movable pieces
- Application of Learning in Real-World Word Problems
- Word Problems have optional Step-by-Step support
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 10 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides activity to students in Google Classroom
CCSS.3.MD.D.8 Solve real world and mathematical problems involving perimeters of polygons, including finding the perimeter given the side lengths, finding an unknown side length, and exhibiting rectangles with the same perimeter and different areas or with the same area and different perimeters.
TEKS 3.7B Determine the perimeter of a polygon or a missing length when given perimeter and remaining side lengths in problems.