Need a 5th Grade STAAR Math Review that students can practice on a computer to master input output tables, graphing on a coordinate grid, identifying additive and multiplicative patterns, and using order of operations to simplify expressions? If Test Prep wasn’t already hard enough, now students need to learn how to solve problems on a screen and get used to the new STAAR item types. No worries, we have you covered with these TEKS-aligned Printable and Digital Tests.
The digital versions of the tests can be assigned via Google Classroom or any platform that supports Google Forms. The questions are STAAR formatted and include the NEW Problem Types. The assessments are in 2 formats: printable PDF and digital, self-grading Google Forms.
The assessments are created to give you meaningful feedback on student progress. There are more questions covering the Readiness Standards than the Supporting Standards, as the Readiness Standards are identified as the most critical content for success in subsequent grade levels. Readiness Standards also comprise 2/3 of the STAAR test.
These tests were created with the new STAAR test questions guidelines in mind, and include drop down, multi-select, free response and multiple choice questions.
- 2 TEKS aligned Tests (Each Test is 10 questions)
- Printable versions of each Test
- Digital, Self-Grading Google Form versions of each Test
- Color Coded Teacher Keys with TEKS identified for each Question with room to create your small groups for reteach right on the key!
Great ways to use this resource:
- Unit Tests
- Easy-to-Assign Digital Activities
- No Prep Math Stations
- STAAR Review
Each set automatically grades itself when students click submit! I have identified the standard for every single problem in this bundle, to make data tracking super simple.
- Easily Differentiate by making a separate copy of the Google Form and eliminating questions or answer choices. This is great way to adjust this resource to align with IEPs or the needs of your students.
- Create multiple reviews from this resource, splitting up the questions to use in a variety of ways. Please note that the questions are not editable, but most of the answer choices are editable.
You do not need Google Classroom to use the digital form of this resource, but you must have a Google e-mail to use Google Forms.
Algebraic Reasoning Topics include:
- Creating number patterns from equations
- Difference between additive and multiplicative patterns
- Describing the meaning of parenthesis and brackets in expressions
- Simplifying expressions using order of operations
Algebraic Reasoning TEKS Alignment:
5.4C Generate a numerical pattern when given a rule in the form of y = ax or
y = x + a and graph
5.4D Recognize the difference between additive and multiplicative numerical patterns given in a table or graph
5.4E Describe the meaning of parenthesis and brackets in numerical expressions
5.4F Simplify numerical expressions that do not involve exponents, including up to two levels of grouping