This resource includes 10 interactive Google Slides and video instructions for students. In this activity, students will practice rounding to the nearest ten or hundred to estimate sums and differences. This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom for math stations, independent practice or distance learning.
You do not need Google Classroom to use this resource, but you do need a Google e-mail to use Google Slides.
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 20 problems where students estimate to find sums and differences of 2 and 3-digit numbers
- Rounding to the nearest ten
- Rounding to the nearest hundred
- Adding and subtracting two 2-digit or 3-digit numbers
- Repetitive practice using the terms “sum” and “difference” to help students memorize the definitions of those terms
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class (in person) teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces for a fun whole-class lesson.
- Use it for whole class Zoom meetings to lead a meaningful lesson.
- Assign this resource as an activity for student practice in Google Classroom or another platform that is compatible with Google Slides