Your students will master TEKS 3.3E and partitioning objects into fractional parts with this fun set of Google Slides. Students will use movable pieces as they make fair shares and name the fractions each person gets. These fun & engaging slides are perfect for practicing TEKS 3.3E.
What you will love about this resource:
- Every slide is bright and colorful to capture your students’ attention.
- Interactive movable pieces keep your students engaged.
- Video Instructions embedded into the Google Slides make your job easier.
Video instructions for students are embedded in the activity:
- Have students who forget instructions as soon as it is time for them to begin working? Students can watch the video instructions before completing the activity at a math station, for seatwork or homework.
- Have students who are absent? The video instructions save you time so that you don’t have to explain how to complete the activity to students.
- Have a sub? They can watch the video instructions so that they can offer support while students complete the digital activity.
Partitioning Fractions Topics:
- Students share a set of objects fairly between people and name the fraction of the set each person gets
- Students share fractional parts fairly between people and name the fractional part each person gets
- Denominators are limited to 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 to align with the 3rd grade fraction TEKS 3.3E
What’s Included in this resource?
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 15 student practice slides to teach TEKS 3.3E
Ideas on how to use this Partitioning Fractions resource:
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use it as an early finisher activity
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work. the embedded video instructions keep students from interrupting you.
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to access Google Slides is a free Gmail account.
TEKS 3.3E Solve problems involving partitioning an object or a set of objects among two or more recipients using pictorial representations of fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8.