These math readers are and . I created the math readers series to help the 1st graders in my intervention math group see the start, change and result in Join and Separate word problems. What I found was that these readers are great to use with all Kinder and 1st grade students!
I loved using the readers in a small group setting, having students read along with me and then act out the problem using a work mat. More advanced students can use the ten frames and ten frame recording pages as well. Once students understand how to use the readers, they are . This resource is also !!!
Download the preview to take a closer look at was is included in each set.
Here are the components included in each set:
- Station Cover (perfect to glue onto an 8.5 x 11 white envelope)
- Teacher Guide on how to use each specific set of math readers to teach the problem types included
- 6 Math Readers (each is an easy to fold 1 page booklet)
- Work mat
- Ten Frame Mat
- Student Recording Pages (3 formats)
- Color and Blackline versions of every student page
You may also be interested in the Fun & Engaging 1st Grade Hands-On Word Problems Bundle.