This resource includes 10 interactive Google Slides with engaging movable pieces to help students learn how to Check Subtraction with Addition. Students use Strip Diagrams to see addition and subtraction relationships. It is so important for 2nd and 3rd grade students to see how addition and subtraction are related to one another, and this resource does that seamlessly.
*Please note that students will not perform subtraction in this activity. They will instead use the information from pre-solved subtraction problems to understand how to use addition to check their work.
Video instructions for students are embedded in the activity, making it easy for you to assign as a no prep math station, for seatwork or homework.
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to access Google Slides is a free Gmail account.
Save 40% by purchasing the 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Bundle!
You may also be interested in the 2-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Bundle.
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 10 student slides
- Creating strip diagram models to understand the relationship between subtraction and addition
- Adding two 3-digit numbers that require regrouping
- Using addition to check subtraction
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home