This resource includes 10 interactive Google Slides with movable Base Ten Blocks and video instructions for students. This activity is perfect for 2nd grade or 3rd grade students learning subtraction with regrouping. In this hands-on digital activity, students will trade hundreds for tens and tens for ones to .
Students will understand the meaning of Subtraction with Regrouping by using Base-10 blocks, and make connections to the traditional method for subtracting.
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to use Google Slides is a free Gmail account.
Save 40% by purchasing the 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Bundle!
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 10 interactive slides with movable pieces
- Using Base 10 Blocks to subtract two 3-digit numbers
- How to regroup a hundred as 10 tens
- How to regroup a ten as 10 ones
- Subtracting two 3-digit numbers using the traditional algorithm
- All problems in this activity are self checking to help build independence and confidence
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home