There is an Students will learn about the “-1 strategy” and see why this Subtraction Shortcut works using a number line. This is a subtraction with regrouping lesson that will
Video instructions for students are embedded in the activity, making it easy for you to assign as a no prep math station, seatwork, homework or when you have a substitute.
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to access Google Slides is a free Gmail account.
Save 40% by purchasing the 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Bundle!
You may also be interested in the 2-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Bundle.
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- 2-part video lesson to guide students through the activities (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 11 interactive student slides
- Subtracting a 2-digit number from 100, using the traditional algorithm with regrouping
- “-1 strategy” to eliminate the need to regroup
- Looking for patterns to draw conclusions about when the “-1 strategy” is helpful and when you shouldn’t use it
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home