This resource includes 10 interactive Google Slides with movable Base 10 Blocks and video instructions for students. This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom for math stations, independent practice or distance learning. This activity is perfect for 2nd grade students learning subtraction with regrouping or for 3rd grade students who need a refresher before moving on to larger numbers.
Students will understand the Regrouping a Ten into 10 ones by using Base-10 blocks, and make connections to the traditional algorithm set-up for subtraction. Please note that students will not actually subtract in this resource. and give students a .
You do not need Google Classroom to use this resource, but you do need a Google e-mail to use Google Slides. Homeschool parents can easily use this resource with their children by opening the Google Slides document.
Save 40% by purchasing the 2-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Bundle.
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- Example Slide to further clarify instructions for students
- 10 interactive slides with movable pieces
- Using Base 10 Blocks to understand regrouping
- How to regroup a ten as 10 ones
- Describing regrouping in words
- Showing regrouping as it appears in the traditional subtraction with regrouping algorithm
- All problems in this activity are self checking to help build independence and confidence
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class (in person) teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use it for whole class Zoom meetings as a teaching tool
- Use for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice in Google Classroom
- Share the digital key with students in Google Classroom for parents and students to check work at home