This resource includes 10 interactive Word Problems with Extra Information in Google Slides and video instructions for students. This activity is perfect for 2nd grade and 3rd grade students who need the challenge of eliminating extra information from word problems.
Video instructions for students are embedded in the activity, making it easy for you to assign as a no prep math station, for seatwork or homework.
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to access Google Slides is a free Gmail account.
Save 35% by purchasing the 3-Digit Addition with Regrouping Bundle!
You may also be interested in these other digital resources:
- 2-Digit Addition with Regrouping Bundle
- 2-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Bundle
- 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping Bundle
What’s Included in this resource?
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 10 word problems: 5 problems have 2 addends, 5 have 3 addends
- Identifying important information in word problems
- Eliminating extra information
- Adding two 3-digit numbers that require regrouping
- Adding three 3-digit numbers that require regrouping
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use it as an early finisher activity
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home