This set of 3 No-Prep Personal Financial Literacy Games is perfect for guided math stations and covers the 4th grade TEKS: 4.10A, 4.10B & 4.10E. In these fun & engaging games students will , distinguish between and learn the .
There are 6 fun & engaging games inside and I have included of each.
, so that students have a . Since practice makes permanent, we want to make sure they are practicing correctly!
1. – Students are given a list of expenses to create an item and spin to find the selling price. Students compete against each other to earn the most profit. This game also comes with a student recording sheet.
2. – Students spin to land on one of 4 people, then find that person’s expense card. Students roll a die to find a question to answer. Answers can be checked with the key. The questions vary in difficulty and each one is assigned 1-3 spaces to be moved on the game board for a correct response. This game includes a student recording sheet.
3. – This game is designed to teach and expose students to the purpose of financial institutions, including banks, credit unions, savings & loan companies and investment companies. Students will read scenarios to learn a variety of ways financial institutions help people and businesses. Students earn points based on how beneficial the action taken in the scenario was.
This resource works perfectly with my other financial literacy resources!
- 4.10A Distinguish between fixed and variable expenses
- 4.10B Calculate profit in a given situation
- 4.10E Describe the basic purpose of financial institutions, including keeping money safe, borrowing money, and lending
This is a TEKS centered resource. While others may be TEKS-aligned, they often cover Common Core standards as well. My Texas specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers dont have to spend additional time sorting through what to use and what not to use. I know how precious each and every school day is; there is no time to waste. As with all of my resources, it is designed with STAAR in mind.