Teach Fractions on a Number Line using movable fraction bar manipulatives with this fun set of Google Slides. Students move fraction bar pieces to label fractions on a number line, to truly understand how fraction number lines work. These fun & engaging slides are perfect for practicing TEKS 3.3B and CCSS 3.NF.2b.
What you will love about this resource:
- Every slide is bright and colorful to capture your students’ attention.
- Interactive movable pieces keep your students engaged.
- Video Instructions embedded into the Google Slides make your job easier.
Video instructions for students are embedded in the activity:
- Have students who forget instructions as soon as it is time for them to begin working? Students can watch the video instructions on plotting fractions on a number line before completing the activity at a math station, for seatwork or homework.
- Have students who are absent? The video instructions save you time so that you don’t have to explain how to complete the activity to students.
- Have a sub? They can watch the video instructions so that they can offer support while students complete the digital activity.
Fractions on a Number Line Topics:
- Students move fraction bar pieces to represent the space between tick marks on fraction number lines
- Students label fractions on a number line
- Students label fractions equal to one whole (i.e. 4/4) on a number line
- Students select the correct number lines to plot different fractions, then place the dot in the correct place on the number line
- Denominators are limited to 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 to align with the 3rd grade fraction TEKS 3.3B and CCSS 3.NF.2b
What’s Included in this resource?
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 15 student practice slides to teach TEKS 3.3B, 3.7A and CCSS 3.NF.2b
Ideas on how to use this Fractions on a Number Line resource:
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use it as an early finisher activity
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work. the embedded video instructions keep students from interrupting you.
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to access Google Slides is a free Gmail account.
TEKS 3.3B Determine the corresponding fraction greater than zero and less than or equal to one with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 given a specified point on a number line.
TEKS 3.7A Represent fractions of halves, fourths, and eighths as distances from zero on a number line.
Common Core 3.NF.2b Represent a fraction a/b on a number line diagram by marking off a lengths 1/b from 0. Recognize that the resulting interval has size a/b and that its endpoint locates the number a/b on the number line.