Your students will love learning with this ! Students will use money to divide 2-digit, 3-digit and 4-digit numbers! Included work mats help students .
I have used this method for teaching long division for years. My students and I love it! Mathematically, students are using division based on place value (the value of each bill) in a way that makes sense to them. By using money, this concept becomes much less abstract. Students love dividing up a big stack of play money between themselves to learn long division.
When you incorporate a fun mathematically rich activity into your classroom, the benefits are huge! . The materials are filled with important vocabulary terms so that we can use them in the context of our division situations.
Here is a VIDEO explaining how I use this resource.
- Station Cover (fits perfectly on a large white envelope)
- $1, $10, $100 and $1,000 bills
- “The Bank” template to organize the bills
- Emoji Cards (Groups to represent the Divisor)
- 2, 3 & 4-digit Dividend Pockets
- 2 ÷ 1, 3 ÷ 1, & 4 ÷ 1 Long Division Work Mats
- Division Template to set up the materials
Please note that .
This resource is designed to work with any division word problems.
This kit pairs perfectly with the Check-As-You-Go Long Division Task Cards!