Cute and colorful Introduction to Fractions Google Slides with fun movable pieces? Yes, please! These fun & engaging slides give your students basic fractions practice and are aligned to TEKS 3.3A and CCSS 3.NF.1 . This is the perfect interactive resource for your 3rd grade fractions unit.
What you will love about this resource:
- Every slide is bright and colorful to capture your students’ attention.
- Interactive movable pieces keep your students engaged.
- Video Instructions embedded into the Google Slides make your job easier.
Video instructions for students are embedded in the activity:
- Have students who forget instructions as soon as it is time for them to begin working? Students can watch the video instructions before completing the activity at a math station, for seatwork or homework.
- Have students who are absent? The video instructions save you time so that you don’t have to explain how to complete the activity to students.
- Have a sub? They can watch the video instructions so that they can offer support while students complete the digital activity.
Introduction to Fractions Topics:
- Digitally shading fraction models to create fractions
- Naming fractions shown on models
- Using Fraction strips, Fraction Circles and Fraction models in a variety of shapes
- Denominators are limited to 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 to align with the 3rd grade fraction TEKS and Common Core standards
What’s Included in this Introduction to Fractions resource?
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access YouTube)
- 15 student practice slides
Ideas on how to use this Introduction to Fractions resource:
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use it as an early finisher activity
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work. the embedded video instructions keep students from interrupting you.
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to access Google Slides is a free Gmail account.
TEKS 3.3A Represent fractions greater than zero and less than or equal to one with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 using concrete objects and pictorial models, including strip diagrams and number lines.
Common Core 3.NF.1 Understand a fraction 1/b as the quantity formed by 1 part when a whole is partitioned into b equal parts; understand a fraction a/b as the quantity formed by a parts of size 1/b.