Your students will love learning how to solve problems. The digital perimeter activities are fun and engaging, and your students will love them! This resource includes a Video Lesson and No Prep and Easy-to-Use Google Slides activities that are Perfect for Math Stations, Tutoring or Distance Learning. This resource is designed for 3rd grade students and aligns to these standards: TEKS 3.7B and CCSS 3.MD.D.8.
This is in the 3rd Grade Perimeter Series.
Here are links to the other lessons:
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 1: Using Addition to find Perimeter
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 2: Solve Multi-step Addition and Subtraction Problems to find Missing Side Lengths
- Use Division to find Missing Side Lengths in Polygons with Equal Sides
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 4: Measure Sides to the Nearest cm or inch to find the Perimeter of Rectangles
2nd/3rd Grade Area Lesson 1: Understand the Concept of Area by filling Rectangles with Square Units
3rd Grade Area Lesson 2: Find Area by Multiplying the Number of Rows by the number of Unit Squares in Each Row
⭐Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson ⭐
- Teaches students how find the missing side length in perimeter problems where all sides are equal and the perimeter is known.
- Shows students how to use a strip diagram as a visual model to solve problems.
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Is approximately 8 minutes
⭐ Many of the , so through the activity .
- Creating Strip Diagrams to model division problems where the perimeter and number of equal sides are known
- Matching Activities
- Fun Slides with Movable pieces
- Application of Learning in Real-World Word Problems
- Word Problems have optional Step-by-Step support
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 10 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides™ doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides™ in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides™ activity to students in Google Classroom™
CCSS.3.MD.D.8 Solve real world and mathematical problems involving perimeters of polygons, including finding the perimeter given the side lengths, finding an unknown side length, and exhibiting rectangles with the same perimeter and different areas or with the same area and different perimeters.
TEKS 3.7B Determine the perimeter of a polygon or a missing length when given perimeter and remaining side lengths in problems.