This resource includes 8 interactive Google Slides with engaging movable pieces and video instructions for students. This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom for math stations, independent practice or distance learning. This activity is perfect for 2nd grade students learning addition with regrouping or for 3rd grade students who need a refresher before moving on to larger numbers.
*This resource practices .
You do not need Google Classroom to use this resource, but you do need a Google e-mail to use Google Slides.
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 2 self-checking math fact slides with all of the math facts students will use to solve the problems in the 2-digit addition practice section of this resource (24 math facts)
- 4 slides with 2-digit addition with regrouping practice (12 problems)
- 2 word problem slides (2 problems)
- Math Facts Warm-up
- Adding two 2-digit numbers that require regrouping in the tens or hundreds using the traditional algorithm
- Word Problems
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class (in person) teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson.
- Use it for whole class Zoom meetings as a teaching tool.
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice in Google Classroom.
- Have students create a video (using software such as Screencastify) explaining how they solved one problem.
- Share the digital key with students in Google Classroom for parents and students to check work at home.