This resource includes 10 interactive Word Problems in Google Slides and video instructions for students. This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom for math stations, independent practice or distance learning. This activity is perfect for 2nd grade students learning addition with regrouping or for 3rd grade students who need a refresher before moving on to larger numbers.
You do not need Google Classroom to use this resource, but you do need a Google e-mail to use Google Slides.
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 10 word problems: 5 without extra information, 5 with extra information
- Identifying important information in word problems
- Eliminating extra information
- Adding two 2-digit numbers that require regrouping in the tens (2-digit Sums)
- Adding two 2-digit numbers that require regrouping in the tens and/or hundreds (3-digit Sums)
Ideas on how to use this resource:
- Use it as a whole class (in person) teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces for a fun whole-class lesson.
- Use it for whole class Zoom meetings to lead a meaningful lesson.
- Assign this resource as an activity for student practice in Google Classroom.