This set of SUPER FUN 9 No-Prep Games cover all of the Measurement TEKS: 4.5C, 4.5D, 4.8A, 4.8B, & 4.8C. These are perfect for guided math stations! Topics include perimeter, area, customary and metric conversions, elapsed time, and approximate measures of length, and capacity. This resource is specifically designed for my fellow Texas Teachers!!!
This resource is part of this time saving, discounted bundle:
There are 9 fun & engaging games inside and I have included both color and blackline versions of each!
Each game includes a key, so the games are self-checking.
Some games also include a recording sheet for student accountability.
1. Perimeter & Area Bump: Create formulas to find the perimeter and area of rectangles (4.5C)
2. Perimeter & Area Battle: Calculate perimeter and area of rectangles (4.5D)
3. Roll & Spin Rectangles: Use a ruler to measure rectangles and calculate perimeter and area (4.5D)
4. Guess My Measure: Practice measurement approximations (4.8A)
5. Boxing Up Conversions: Students use their STAAR Chart for measurement conversions (4.8B, 4.8C)
6. Time Machine: Converting minutes to minutes and hours (4.8C)
7. Elapsed Time: Students use clocks to find a start time and then solve elapsed time problems (4.8C)
8. Advanced Elapsed Time: Similar to Elapsed time game, but the problems are multi-step like those seen on released STAAR tests (4.8C)
9. Prickly Problems: 2-Step Problem Solving with Conversions (4.8C)
Download the preview to get a peak inside this resource.
This is a TEKS centered resource. While others may be TEKS-aligned, they often cover Common Core standards as well. My Texas specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers dont have to spend additional time sorting through what to use and what not to use. I know how precious each and every school day is; there is no time to waste. As with all of my resources, it is also designed with STAAR in mind.