This No Prep Fractions Notebook thoroughly covers All of the 4th grade Fractions TEKS: 4.3A, 4.3B, 4.3C, 4.3D, 4.3E, & 4.3F. Simply print and hole punch and this notebook is ready for your students to use. I created a notebook that fully covers each part of these standards. This notebook is an excellent way to introduce new concepts in whole class or small group guided math lessons and is the perfect resource for students to have as a reference tool.
This is a TEKS centered resource. While others may be TEKS-aligned, they often cover Common Core standards as well. My Texas specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers dont have to spend additional time sorting through what to use and what not to use. I know how precious each and every school day is; there is no time to waste. As with all of my resources, it is designed with STAAR in mind. I spend more pages on Readiness TEKS, since students are expected to have a deeper understanding of these standards and they make up close to 2/3 of the STAAR test.
This notebook has 29 student pages pages plus a detailed key that cover the following topics:
- Representing fractions as the sum of unit fractions (4.3A)
- Decomposing fractions in more than one way (4.3B)
- Equivalent fractions (4.3C)
- Comparing fractions (4.3D-Readiness Standard)
- Add & Subtract fractions with models & number lines (4.3E-Readiness Standard)
- Evaluate reasonableness of sums and differences using benchmark fractions (4.3F)
This resource works seamlessly with my other 4th grade Fractions resources and is part of the comprehensive Fractions Unit.