Your students will build and with Long Division with these task cards! This resource allows you to have peace of mind that students are practicing long division correctly while also .
There are 20 word problem cards. Each problem also has 3 key cards, labeled Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3, so that students can check their work at each natural checkpoint in the traditional division algorithm.
When students work through an entire problem (or worse yet, an entire page of problems) before being able to check their work, small mistakes compound into big problems. Students can quickly feel defeated when they have to erase all of the work that was done after a mistake early in the problem. Students who practice incorrectly must spend more time unlearning the wrong way to learn the correct way. Practice makes permanent, so lets make sure students are practicing correctly.
TEKS: 4.4F, 4.4H
- 80 Task Cards: 20 Word Problem Cards + 60 Check-As-You-Go Key Cards
- 5 Student Recording Pages
- 4 Review Task Cards that walk students through the steps to solve division problems with the traditional algorithm
- Problems 1-4: 2 digit ÷ 1 digit
- Problems 5-8: 3 digit ÷ 1 digit
- Problems 9-12: 3 digit ÷ 1 digit, with remainders (must interpret the remainder)
- Problems 13-16: 3 digit ÷ 1 digit, cant divide into the first digit
- Problems 17-20: 4 digit ÷ 1 digit, with and without remainders
How Can I use this Resource?
- Post the cards around your room to create a scavenger hunt for students and get them up and moving while they practice this skill.
- Staple the word problem and 3 corresponding key cards together as a mini-booklet. Make packets of the student recording sheets for each student and put them at a math station with the word problem mini-booklets.
You may also be interested in the Check-As-I-Go 2 x 2 Multiplication Task Cards!