Your 3rd grade students will love finding with this ! Students will move dots to find equivalent fractions on a number line, showing they are the same distance from zero. These fun & engaging slides are perfect for practicing TEKS 3.3F and 3.3G and CCSS 3.NF.3a and 3.NF.3b.
- Every slide is to capture your students’ attention.
- Interactive keep your students engaged.
- embedded into the Google Slides make your job easier.
- Have students who forget instructions as soon as it is time for them to begin working? Students can watch the video instructions on finding equivalent fractions on a number line before completing the activity at a math station, for seatwork or homework.
- Have students who are absent? The video instructions save you time so that you don’t have to explain how to complete the activity to students.
- Have a sub? They can watch the video instructions so that they can offer support while students complete the digital activity.
- Students move dots to find equivalent fractions on a number line
- Students find number lines that model equivalent fractions
- Students get test prep practice by looking at a sent of number lines and generating equivalent fractions
- Denominators are limited to 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 to align with the 3rd grade fractions TEKS 3.3F, 3.3G and CCSS 3.NF.3a, 3.NF.3b
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access YouTube)
- 15 student practice slides to teach equivalent fractions on a number line
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use it as an early finisher activity
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work. the embedded video instructions keep students from interrupting you.
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to access Google Slides is a free Gmail account.
TEKS 3.3F Represent equivalent fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 using a variety of objects and pictorial models, including number lines.
TEKS 3.3G Explain that two fractions are equivalent if and only if they are both represented by the same point on the number line or represent the same portion of a same size whole for an area model.
Common Core 3.NF.3a Understand two fractions as equivalent (equal) if they are the same size, or the same point on a number line.
Common Core 3.NF.3b Recognize and generate simple equivalent fractions, e.g., 1/2 = 2/4, 4/6 = 2/3). Explain why the fractions are equivalent, e.g., by using a visual fraction model.