Give your students the practice they need with Multiplication Word Problems involving Comparisons, such as 3 times as much or twice as many. Students will model each multiplicative comparison using moveable pieces while solving. This No Prep activity is perfect for 3rd grade students.
, making it easy for you to assign as a no prep math station, for seatwork or homework.
This resource can be easily assigned in Google Classroom or any other platform compatible with Google Slides. Homeschool parents can use this resource by simply opening it in Google Slides. All you need to access Google Slides is a free Gmail account.
Save 35% by purchasing the Multiplication Foundations Google Slides Bundle!
- PDF with a Link to make a copy of the Google Slides in your Google Drive
- Video Instructions (Student devices must be able to access You-Tube)
- 10 student practice slides (10 problems)
- Multiplication Word Problems
- Multiplicative Comparisons (i.e. 4 times as many, twice as much)
- Use it as a whole class teaching tool by projecting the slides and using the movable, interactive pieces to teach your lesson
- Use this resource as a no prep math station
- Use it as an early finisher activity
- Use this resource for small group reteach or tutoring
- Assign this resource as a lesson for student practice as independent work
- Share the digital key for parents and students to check work at home
3.5C Describe a multiplication expression as a comparison such as 3 x 24 represents 3 times as much as 24
3.OA.A.3 Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.