The fun and engaging Perimeter Practice Activities and Video Lesson are Perfect for Distance Learning. Students will learn how to . These Simple and Easy-to-Use Google Slides are designed for 3rd grade students and align to these standards: TEKS 3.7B and CCSS 3.MD.D.8.
⭐ Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson ⭐
This is in a 3rd Grade Perimeter Series
- : Using Addition to find Perimeter
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 2: Solve Multi-step Addition and Subtraction Problems to find Missing Side Lengths
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 3: Use Division to find Missing Side Lengths in Polygons with Equal Sides
- 3rd Grade Perimeter Lesson 4: Measure Sides to the Nearest cm or inch to find the Perimeter of Rectangles
2nd/3rd Grade Area Lesson 1: Understand the Concept of Area by filling Rectangles with Square Units
3rd Grade Area Lesson 2: Find Area by Multiplying the Number of Rows by the number of Unit Squares in Each Row
- Teaches students how find the perimeter of 2-D shapes by adding the side lengths.
- Highlights that when one side of a square is known, we know all the side lengths of a square.
- Reminds students that when the lengths of 2 sides of a rectangle are known, we know the lengths of the opposite sides.
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Is approximately 6 minutes
⭐ Many of the , so through the activity .
- Creating Addition Equations to Find Perimeter
- Matching Activities
- Fun Slides with Movable pieces
- Application of Learning in Real-World Word Problems
- Word Problems have optional Step-by-Step support
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 10 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides™ doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides™ in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides™ activity to students in Google Classroom™
CCSS.3.MD.D.8 Solve real world and mathematical problems involving perimeters of polygons, including finding the perimeter given the side lengths, finding an unknown side length, and exhibiting rectangles with the same perimeter and different areas or with the same area and different perimeters.
TEKS 3.7B Determine the perimeter of a polygon or a missing length when given perimeter and remaining side lengths in problems.