This set of covers all of the tested : 4.6A, 4.6B, 4.6C, 4.6D, 4.7C, 4.7D, & 4.7E. Six of the games are completely no-prep, while the other 5 games have cards that will need to be cut apart. , and with repetitious play, they will internalize crucial geometry vocabulary. Games are a great way to practice skills and develop concepts AND they are amazing small group teaching tools.
- : Analyzing attributes – parallel & perpendicular lines, acute, right and obtuse angles, naming triangles, types of quadrilaterals (TEKS 4.6A, 4.6C, 4.6D)
- : parallel & perpendicular lines, acute, right and obtuse angles (TEKS 4.6A)
- : Classifying shapes, considering shape attributes (TEKS 4.6A, 4.6D)
- : Creating shapes with various attributes such as parallel & perpendicular lines, and specific types of angles (TEKS 4.6A, 4.6D)
- : Determining the number of lines of symmetry in shapes (TEKS 4.6B)
- : Naming triangles based on attributes (TEKS 4.6C)
- : Classifying quadrilaterals based on presence or absence of attributes (TEKS 4.6D)
- : Classifying quadrilaterals and identifying geometric attributes (TEKS 4.6D)
- : Reading angles on a printed protractor (TEKS 4.7C)
- : Measuring angles using an actual protractor (TEKS 4.7C)
- : Determine the measure of an unknown angle formed by two non-overlapping angles, given one or both angle measures (TEKS 4.7E)
Students will stay far more engaged with games than with extra worksheets. Answer keys are included for the games that do not have random shape or number generation.
This resource is a part of a time saving, money saving bundle:
This is a TEKS centered resource. While others may be TEKS-aligned, they often cover Common Core standards as well. My Texas specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers dont have to spend additional time sorting through what to use and what not to use. I know how precious each and every school day is; there is no time to waste. As with all of my resources, it is also designed with STAAR in mind.
Here are links to my other Geometry Products included in the Geometry Bundle that are all designed to work seamlessly with this one: