Your students will love these Fun & Engaging Place Value Task Cards! This set of printable task cards covers all 4th grade Place Value TEKS: 4.2A, 4.2B, 4.2C, 4.2D, 4.2E, 4.2F, 4.2G, & 4.2H. Students will practice Expanded Notation, Comparing and Ordering Whole Numbers, Comparing and Ordering Decimals using models, Relating Decimals to Money, Decimal Number Lines and much more!
Find the digital Google Form version HERE. Both versions have the same questions.
The questions are rigorous and have bright graphics to keep students engaged. All questions are multiple choice and are STAAR formatted.
You will love the diagnostic key that helps you easily identify student needs and form reteach groups quickly while you grade student work. The questions are rigorous and include convincing distractors (wrong answer choices), making these task cards a great tool in not only reviewing content but also giving you the opportunity to teach test taking strategies.
- 24 Task Cards
- Color and Blackline versions
- Color-coded diagnostic key to help you make re-teach groups based on the TEKS your students haven’t mastered.
- Task card sized mini-cover and a mini-key for easy organization
- Student Recording Sheets
- Math Station
- Guide a Small Group Lesson
- Whole Class Scoot – Students take their recording sheet to task cards posted around the room to solve each problem
- Tutoring Sessions
- End of Unit Review
- Collect Quantitative Data for Parent-Teacher Conferences or PLC and RTI Meetings
- STAAR Review
- Place Value Vocabulary
- Representing Whole numbers and Decimals with models
- Place Value Relationships : ten times and one-tenth relationships
- Expanded Form
- Expanded Notation
- Word Form
- Comparing Whole Numbers
- Comparing Decimals with models
- Decimal Number Lines
- Relating Decimals to Money
- Decimal – Fraction Relationships
- All Decimal concepts include tenths and hundredths
This is a TEKS centered resource. While others may be TEKS-aligned, they often cover Common Core standards as well. My Texas specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers dont have to spend additional time sorting through what to use and what not to use. I know how precious each and every school day is; there is no time to waste. As with all of my resources, it is also designed with STAAR in mind.
- 4.2A Interpret the place value of each position as 10 times the position to the right and as one-tenth of the value of the place to its left.
- 4.2B Represent the value of the digit in whole numbers through 1,000,000,000 and decimals to the hundredths using expanded notation and numerals
- 4.2C Compare and order whole numbers to 1,000,000,000 and represent comparisons using the symbols >, <, or =
- 4.2D Round whole numbers to a given place value through the hundred thousands place
- 4.2E Represent decimals, including tenths and hundredths, using concrete and visual models and money
- 4.2F Compare and order decimals using concrete and visual models to the hundredths
- 4.2G Relate decimals to fractions that name tenths and hundredths
- 4.2H Name decimals on a number line for decimals in the tenths and hundredths
This resource is included in this money saving bundle:
? 4th grade Place Value TEKS Unit Bundle
You may be interested in some of my other 4th Grade Place Value Resources:
Expanded Notation Photo Booth Props
Place Value Vocabulary Bunting