Your students will love the bright and engaging to practice finding the . You will love the ready-made . This resource is perfect for your lesson, math stations, review or tutoring. Students will learn how to calculate the area by multiplying whole number side lengths. This Simple and Easy-to-Use lesson is designed for 3rd or 4th grade students and aligns to CCSS 3.MD.C.7b and TEKS 4.5D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This resource was so engaging and my students loved it! -Kayleigh H.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I really loved this resource! It was a perfect review for what my students were struggling with! Thank you! -Tasha L.
- Teaches students how to multiply side lengths of rectangles to find the area
- Show students how to use the formula A = l x w
- Walks students through the Google Slides activities they will complete
- Is approximately 4 minutes
- Student Devices must have access to You-Tube to view the Video Lesson
⭐Many of the , so through the activity .
- Engaging practice with Movable Pieces
- Matching Activities
- Application of Learning in Real-World Word Problems
- Word Problems have optional Step-by-Step support
- Video Lesson with Activity Instructions
- 11 Interactive Activities
- Teacher Key in separate Google Slides™ doc that can be assigned to students to check their work at home with their parents
- PDF with a link to make a copy of the Google Slides™ in your Google Drive
- Directions on how to assign the Google Slides™ activity to students in Google Classroom™
CCSS.3.MD.C.7b Multiply side lengths to find area of rectangles with whole-number side lengths in the context of solving real world and mathematical problems, and represent whole-number products as rectangular areas in mathematical reasoning.
TEKS 4.5D Solve problems related to perimeter and area of rectangles where dimensions are whole numbers
in a comprehensive bundle that covers all the area topics your students need to learn!
on this resource by purchasing the Digital Area Bundle!
Area Lesson 1: Understand the Concept of Area by filling Rectangles with Square Units
Area Lesson 2: Find Area by Multiplying the Number of Rows by the number of Unit Squares in Each Row
Area Lesson 3 *This Resource*: Multiplying Whole Number Side Lengths to find Area
Area Lesson 4: Area of Irregular Shapes using Unit Squares
Area Lesson 5: Area of Irregular Shapes using Side Lengths
Area Lesson 6: Use Area Models to Prove the Distributive Property