Everything you need for a TEKS centered 3rd grade addition and subtraction unit! Your students will enjoy practicing addition and subtraction word problems, 3 digit addition and subtraction with regrouping, estimation, counting coins, and the properties of addition with all of the engaging activities included in this unit! All of the worksheets, printables, games, digital activities, and task cards are designed with STAAR testing in mind.
There are 4 weeks of lesson plans to give you ideas on how to use these resources. The lesson plans also include bonus resources for your lesson plans, 18 additional daily exit slips, and a teacher guide on how to teach word problems.
This comprehensive adding and subtracting bundle covers addition and subtraction with regrouping, word problems, strip diagrams, estimation, counting coins, and the properties of addition.
- Student Notebook Pages
- No Prep Math Journal Prompts
- No Prep Games
- Exit Slips
- Review Task Cards
- Unit Assessment #1
- Unit Assessment #2
- Vocabulary Bunting for your Math Word Wall
- Word Problem Foldables (Inside the Week 3 Lesson Plans)
- Google Slides Digital Activities
- Self-Checking Google Forms
This is a TEKS centered resource. This Texas-specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers don’t spend additional time sorting through what to use; there is no time to waste. As with all of my resources, it is designed with STAAR in mind. This resource is designed for everything your 3rd graders should know about addition and subtraction to be prepared for STAAR and to be successful in 4th grade and beyond.
- Addition in the Ocean: 2-Digit Addition with Regrouping #1 (Link is inside the Week 1 Lesson Plans*)
- Favorite Animal: 2-Digit Addition with Regrouping #2
- Addition at the Beach: 2-Digit Addition with Regrouping #3 (Link is inside the Week 1 Lesson Plans*)
- Addition at the Pond: 3-Digit Addition with Regrouping #1
- Word Problems: 3-Digit Addition with Regrouping #6
- Estimating Sums and Differences Rounding to the Nearest 10 or 100
- Estimating Sums and Differences using Compatible Numbers
- Get Ready for Subtraction: 2-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping #1 (Link is inside the Week 2 Lesson Plans*)
- Bury Your Treasure: 2-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping #2 (Link is inside the Week 2 Lesson Plans*)
- Practice for Pirates: 2-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping #5
- Subtracting in Space: 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping #1
- Subtracting Across Zeros: 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping #3
- Checking Subtraction with Addition: 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping #5
- Subtraction Circus: 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping #6
- I’ll Pay for That: Counting Bills and Coins
- Digital Version of Addition and Subtraction Vocabulary Bunting (will be added by 8/5)
The included resources are designed to work together seamlessly and provide you with plenty of activities to select from for:
- Whole Class Lessons
- Guided Small Group Lessons
- Math Stations
- STAAR Review
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Aggie B. said, “These units are WONDERFUL! So many resources to choose from – notebook pages, practice pages, games, everything you could need! Thank you so much for making these- can’t wait for the rest of the units! ”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Juanita B. said, “Great resource to use while homeschooling my son filled with lots of great activities. ”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amy L. said, “I have loved using this! Students are engaged and love the google slides! I will continue to purchase your units! ”
Check Out These Other Units and Bundles
Copyright © Marvel Math
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.